Would you master and get agile skills validated, know how to efficiently collaborate, deal with global advocacy, research and education? Are you interested to become a part of the three-million project management professionals’ community around the world? Now, attaining the PMP certification from the Project Management Institute would definitely be your choice.
In the modern IT industry, project managers are tasked with more than just administering projects. One could only argue that leading and managing projects is one of the most underrated specialties, and at the same time – one of the most rewarding professions in the current computer industry.
Hiring specialists are on the constant lookout for certified project managers who can stir teams to deliver beyond the limits while maintaining project efficiency. But how hard can it be to be PM accredited? In this post, find out about the Project Management Professional program and the whole path of attaining it.
About the PMI Certification Program
The Project Management Institute is home to excellent certifications that verify PM skills across various work experience levels. Some of the most important credentials offered by this certification vendor include Project Management Professional (PMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP), Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP), and Certified Associate in project management (CAPM), to mention just a few.
Overview of the PMP Certification
The PMP certification is of the most significant credentials for project managers across the globe. It’s worth mentioning that world-wide producers like Dell, IBM, and Rolls-Royce trust the PMI credentials. This PM badge offers a considerable advantage related to salary and earning potential.
How to Become PMP Certified: Details and Preconditions
Usually, PMP candidates should have valid experience in leading and directing teams to deliver projects that meet the schedule and budget requirements.
Besides, aspiring applicants should showcase adequate knowledge and application of the right methodology to projects with definite requirements.
Here, PMI offers two paths to qualify for the PMP exam. The first option is feasible if you possess a secondary degree. In such a case, you should have garnered at least 7500 hours of PM experience in addition to possessing the CAPM certification (can be replaced by 35-hours PM learning).
Alternatively, you can possess a four-year degree to be admitted for the PMP certification path. With this option, the minimum eligibility requirements include 4500 hours of leading and administering projects’ experience and possessing the CAPM certification or education of a PM of at least 35 hours.
Apart from that, you should pick up the application advice available on the vendor’s website to assess your performed role in leading and administering projects.
The PMP Exam Structure
To attain your credential, you need to pass the PMP exam. Below, find the key details about the test and a few tips for passing it with ease.
The PMP exam implies 200 multiple-choice questions out of which 25 are pretest questions that are meant to assess the validity of future exams, so they are not counted. However, these questions are randomly distributed across the paper so you should aim at answering all the questions. Applicants have 4 hours to finish the test.
The PMP exam tests your knowledge of 5 major project management segments that include a candidate’s ability to initiate the plan, execute, monitor and control, and close a project. Thesegments are incorporated into 10 knowledge Areas covered by the PMP exam, which are:
- Project Integration Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
Preparation Tips for Passing the PMP Exam on Your First Try with PMI website
- The first step to pass your PMP exam involves downloading the PMP handbook for free and studying all the key details of the test. It will give you the cutting edge over the rest by equipping you with the so useful exam information.
- Don’t forget also to consult from the free PMP exam content outline (2015 and upgraded 2019 versions), with all test domains’ schedule and the tasks.
- Secondly, benefit from the official training course for the PMP exam by the Registered Education Providers and enjoy the various preparation tools and resources. Check out the PMI official website to enroll for a valid training course and boost your chances of passing the test. In addition, see the test sample questions to boost your confidence at the test.
- Feel free to use the option of learning from the 6th edition PMBOK Guide containing trends and new practices, custom-made considerations with a focus on strategic and business knowledge.
- Pave your way to the test success with realistic professional PMP comprehensive practice exam questions only for 68$, constantly available from any browser, containing more than 20 PMP mock exams and 10 knowledge area tests as well as a training guide.
- Never miss another possibility, to enjoy the PMP Certification on-demand course preparation accessible on-a-round-the-clock basis, and save 250$!
- Alternatively, try on an option of visiting the certification PMP classes taught online by PM tutors, with personal communication with the instructor and a 100% pass guarantee.
Exam-Labs PMP Exam Prep Resources
- Exam-Labs web resource is here to help you prepare for your PMP exam with its free PMP exam questions and updated braindumps to assist you in excelling in your preparation!
- Be sure to consult with the PMP Premium Bundle to improve your chances of registering a passing score in the test. Only for 39.98$, you’ll have 1938 premium file questions and answers complemented with an impressive study guide and a training course (129 lectures).
- It should be mentioned about the excellent ETE software simulating the actual exam testing environment. So you should totally test on its Lite and Pro packages and verify the actuality and flexibility of this advanced option (by the way, tested by Verizon and Vodafone world companies)!
Are you willing to develop in a new world of project, program or portfolio management and master new skills, and more, have them accredited? Passing the PMP exam and acquiring acknowledged recognition would be a step forward. Thanks to its exceptional certification program, the PMI PMP is now ranked among the top vendors’ certifications like Microsoft, Cisco, and CompTIA among the rest. Regardless of your previous substantial PM experience, don’t miss the opportunity to upgrade your skills with the highlighted preparation tips from the vendor and the Exam-Labs web resource to open up the certification journey and enjoy the benefits.